"I do have experience to compare... I have received excellent advice as well as excellent service. Wouldn't it be nice if other lending institutions placed such a high value on customer service?"
- Patrice M.
More Customer Quotes...
Auto Title Loans
Email Newsletter Signup
Join Our Pages!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Frequently Asked Questions About Selling Gold
- I'm interested in selling some of my gold jewelry. How much should I expect to receive in payment?
- We pay the highest amount possible based on the karat value of the gold and the quantity you bring in. The more it weighs, the more we pay. The current price of gold is also a factor and can change on a daily basis.
- I paid $500 for my ring. I should expect to get $500 from California Loan, right?
- Unfortunately, the amount you paid does not determine how much you'll receive when you sell it. In addition to the carat and weight of the gold, what we pay is also determined by the item's "sell-ability." Because we do not scrap everything, we're always looking to buy gold pieces that we can resell.
- The number 750 is stamped on the inside of my ring. What does that mean?
- Manufacturers often mark the inside of rings with a number that indicates the karat of the gold. U.S. manufacturers will stamp 14k, 18k or 24k. In Europe, 750 is the equivalent of 18k, while 585 indicates 14k. Asian manufacturers also use 916 for 22k. If the metal is white, a marking of 900 or 950 means the ring is made of platinum.
- What happens if there are no markings on my gold chain?
- That's not a problem for us. Bring in the chain and we'll test it to determine its karat. We offer the evaluation as a free service and you are under no obligation to accept our offer.
- Some of my old gold jewelry has diamonds, or semi-precious stones, in the settings. Do I try to remove them before sending to you, or do you return them to me?
- For jewelry containing diamonds, the value of the diamonds will be credited back to your account and paid for on your settlement sheet. Semi-precious stones found in jewelry will not be paid for. You are welcome to remove these stones before sending the gold to us.
- How can I be sure I'm receiving the most money for my gold?
- The most important thing you can do to ensure you're getting the most money for your golf is to shop around and get multiple offers. We believe California Loan & Jewelry offers more than our competitors, often 30 percent more. Our customer service and willingness to pay top dollar have kept us in business for over 100 years.
Pawnshop Insider Blog
This month we are featuring an incredible collection of 1960's concert posters. The posters are all from Bill Graham presents in San Francisco. Many of the posters feature historic venues like The Fillmore and Earl Warren Fair Grounds. They publicise acts from bands such as The Doors, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Jefferson Airplane, Lenny Bruce, and Buffalo Springfield to name a few. We are very fortunate to have these framed posters lent to us from a private collector, come down and check them out through the end of March.
More Pawn Shop Insider...
Pawnshop Insider -
Marshall Lead 15 Amp $250
Featured Sale Items
See our selection of items for sale on ebay.
All Contents © Copyright 2012, California Loan & Jewelry. All Rights Reserved. · 916 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 · 916-446-6175 · CA LIC#3404-997
Car equity loans are made pursuant to Department of Corporations Finance Lenders Laws. Advance check cashing is licensed by the Department of Corporations under the California Deferred Deposit Transaction Law. Loans are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders License.